The entire idea of this book can be summerised in this sentence. "The thesis of this book is that theism provides by far the simplest explanation of all phenomena."
This book on community building is written by the stellar theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I'v list my major takeaways in this connected blog. Shoutout to Brad Tate for the book recommendation.
The Art Of Innovation
To be fair I did much more skimming then reading of this book.
- Brainstorming tips
- Sharpen the focuse - Have clear problem statment
- Keep it light - this is not a normal meeting make it a game. No debating or slapping down ideas.
- Number each idea - Set a goal of ideas to reach.
- Build and Jumps - Ideas build on each other and creat expinatonal jumps in invocation. Go for a streak goal.
- Us a not system that shows the flow and interconnectedness of ideas - Levage the power of spatial memory.
- Spend som time up front getting the juices flowing.
- Get Physical - Skectching, mind mapping, diagrams, stick figures
- Brainstorming no nos
- Don't let the boss speak first.
- Don't let the conversation be dominated by a few people.
- Don't ba snob. Bring in people who have direct expirence with the topic even if there office is not in the Csuite row.
- Off sites brainstorming is not needed. - You want the energy to buzz through the office. Not stay at the ski lodge.
- Some silly stuff is needed. Velcor dipers are a go
- Don't write everything down. It distracts you from the moment.